Wednesday 19 December 2018

Day 1 SLJ activity 2

Activity 2: North and South [4 points]
The country of New Zealand is made up of two main islands – the North Island and the South Island. Approximately 77% of the New Zealand population live in the North Is
land. Many of these people (including our Summer Learning Journey design team) live in Auckland city. Auckland is a great place to live with lots of amazing parks, beautiful waterways and stunning scenery to enjoy. It is also a busy, vibrant city with many cafes, museums, galleries and theatres to visit. I feel lucky to call Auckland my ‘hometown.’
Now it is time to think about your hometown. What is special about where you live? On your blog, describe your hometown. Be sure to include lots of describing words (adjectives) in your post.
-----------
Auckland, New Zealand. What a wonderful place. All of the amazing suburbs within the city. All the many cafes, movie theaters, museums and also the great Sky tower. I am really happy to call Auckland, New Zealand my home because it is where I grew up and I just the community in Auckland and also the great scenery's. it is special to me because we were the first to let woman vote alongside with men, but also it is special to me because I feel safe in this environment and community. Last but not least, I love the people in Auckland Because the are really Nice and very helpful.

Task description:
This task was apart of the SLJ (summer learning journey) Programme. this week is about A PLACE TO STAND. this activity was about what i think about my hometown which is Auckland, New Zealand. This was really easy for me because I really life my hometown and it was really fun to share it with you guys.

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Naomi,

    It is lovely to read your description of your hometown of Auckland. I'm so glad that you feel safe in the environment and in your community. That is so important, isn't it? I feel very lucky because I, too, feel safe in my neighbourhood. I actually live on the west side of Auckland in a place called Titirangi. It's very quiet out here as it is bordered by native bush. My backyard is actually a big forest and it's really pretty in the summer time. We have a couple of Pohutukawa trees that have big red flowers on them at the moment. I love the deep red shade that they turn. They are so vibrant!

    Speaking of vibrant, I can also see a Canadian Maple tree that my partner, Andy, planted for me in the backyard. I am originally from Canada so I really love maple trees because they remind me of home. Do you have a favourite plant, flower or tree? I also really love peonies and hydrangeas...

    Hope that you have a wonderful evening with your family. I'm looking forward to reading more of your work over the coming weeks. The SLJ programme is open every day until Friday 25 January 2019. Hope to see you online when you have time!

    Bye for now,

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia Ora Naomi,

    I really enjoyed reading your awesome story and whenever I read it,it makes me get the chills but most of all what a incredible foot print I bet you could make a beter and cooler one in real life on paper but this document is positive and thoughtful and INCREDIBLE. Don't give up yet keep on trying

    keep it up

    Your Sincerely
    Precious

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Naomi,

    It is so great to see that you are blogging as part of the Summer Learning Journey! I thought you described Auckland really well and I particularly liked how you mentioned that we were the first country to give women the vote!

    Mrs Stone

    ReplyDelete