Monday 30 January 2017

week two/ summer learning journey

Activity 1 week 2

Once you have read these phrases you will be ready to leave the airport and head to your hotel. Take a moment and imagine how you might feel if you were standing in the airport in a foreign country and you had to figure out how to communicate with people in a brand new language. Would you be scared? Would you feel confident? Write a short poem that describes how you might be feeling (i.e. excited, happy, scared, nervous, etc).
Poem:
getting out of the airport in this beautiful country I feel dehydrated I should have a cup of tea. do I say kon'nichiwa? oh i'm so excited and nervous at the same time let me think about it while I have a lie. it took me a while to say hello in Japanese well now I can watch the view from the beach and go to the beach.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Naomi,

    Thanks for posting another great blog! I really enjoyed your poem. I remember feeling very nervous when I first arrived in Japan but the nerves soon faded because the local people were so friendly and helpful. They really wanted me to enjoy the experience of being in the country and took a lot of time to show me around. I am sure that they would do the same thing for you!

    Keep up the great blogging this holiday. Your teachers will be so happy to see that you're practicing your reading and your writing over the break!

    I'll look forward to seeing you when I come into Pt England early in Term 1 to hand out the certificates and prizes for the Summer Learning Journey participants (including you)!!

    Best,
    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete