Tuesday 14 March 2017

Year 5&6 camp 2017

Have you ever been on camp when you were a year ⅚? Well last week we went on our 27 annual year 5 and 6 camp ( I was a camp leader) and our weather was not very good to us. It was rainy and windy but we still behaved as normal, we also had to sleep in tents it felt like sleeping in a plastic bag ( Because it was so windy).

We have camp to show leadership and teamwork. Our camp is held at Pt England school on the big green fields and we also sleep in tents. We held our camp on march 8th, 9th and 10th it was only three days but those three days were awesome. The activities we did was youth town, kayaking, dance practice, bike track, get lost (amazing race kids version), free time, swimming and killer zone. Killer zone is to show how you talk to your group and how you contribute. All of the teams were Captains, President’s, Principals, Generals,Chief's and my group the best one, The Sheriff's.

My favourite part about camp was probably our camp concert. The camp concert was so cool seeing all of the items ( group dances). Also I loved Seeing all of the people smile and put on happy faces. The people who came first was the president's but I actually thought that the Sheriff’s would of won. Also I got nominated for the best dancers, but also I did not win my friend Amelia did and I am proud of her.

On behalf of the year 5 and 6 students we would like to say thank you to all our parents and whanau for  paying for us to go to camp. Also huge up’s to Mr burt for making this happen if it were not for you this wouldn’t all happen. Also I know our parents just wanted three days without their kids.

What I learnt at camp was to work with each other and talk as a group. I would really recommend having a camp at your school because it really shows leadership and how you work as a team. If you are a teacher reading this please start a camp for your students. It was really fun.

Task description: This writing was to explain to someone who knows nothing about camp or even doesn't know what camp even is. I really hope this inspires you to even have a camp at you school.

1 comment:

  1. great job, keep up the great work
    was it fun when you went camp?
    and what was your favorite part?

    ReplyDelete