Saturday 8 July 2017

WLJ Bonus activity


Bonus Activity: Now it’s time to start your tour! Curious Kiwi decides to start by taking you on a short tour through downtown Auckland. You stop at the Sky Tower, the tallest building in all of New Zealand. When you look up, you see a huge New Zealand flag on the top of the tower. This flag was created back in 1902. That makes the New Zealand flag 115 years old! Last year, the Prime Minister of New Zealand suggested that we should replace the flag with a new, updated design. He invited everyone in New Zealand to come up with their own flag design and submit it.
For this activity, it is your turn to design a new flag. Use any drawing programme that you wish. I would recommend the Flag Designer website. It allows you to create a flag in three easy steps. When you are done, take a screenshot of your flag and post it on your blog:
This is My flag:
Description of the flag:
I did this design because I thought it would be ore New Zealand like. Why i picked red and blue is because that is the colors that are already on our traditional one. I picked the star because every year we celebrate Matariki and the star represents Matariki. I think this flag is plain but it represents us and what we celebrate in New Zealand.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Task description: This is My Bonus activity that I wanted to do for extra points. In this I have a flag That I designed using a flag design website. Also in this it has My description of My flag. Thank you for tuning in and have a great holiday.


1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Naomi,

    This is a great flag design. You have done such a nice job of incorporating elements of the current flag in your new design while also changing it to make it new, modern and more interesting. I think that the star is a brilliant addition! We all love to celebrate Matariki and the star is a good reminder of this special time of year. It is also a 'nod' to the current flag that also has stars on it.

    Nicely done!!

    ~Rachel

    ReplyDelete