Thursday 13 July 2017

WLJ day 6 bonus activity

Bonus Activity: As part of the Matariki festival, there is a two day Kapa Haka competition. The haka is a traditional war dance that Maori performed before going into battle. The haka is now performed by children/adults in the community and by professional sporting teams, including our national rugby team, the ‘All Blacks.’  The All Blacks have performed various haka over the years. Watch the following three haka videos (1 – 3) and, on your blog, list the haka videos in order from best (#1) to worst (#3). There are no right or wrong answers ☺
At the end of your day at Te Papa, you head to your hotel in the centre of Wellington. You are staying on Cuba Street, one of the coolest streets in the city.
----------------------------------------------------------------
#1st (the best): I think that #3 was the best haka I think it is the best Because you can actually feel the emotion that they are feeling. I think they were feeling overwhelmed and excited so they just needed the haka to express their feelings.

#2 (kind of): I think that number #2 was the 2nd best because I was kind of feeling their emotions but yeah sorry.

#3 (not really): I didn't really like this one but there trying. I feel like they weren't trying hard enough but of course they won't go hard because it is a game and they might lose their energy.
-------------------------------------------------------------
Task description: I am sorry to the all blacks but they are really trying. As Rachel said there are no right or wrong answers it is just your opinion. 
https://seeklogo.com/images/A/all-blacks-logo-AD5CB3EDA3-seeklogo.com.gif

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Naomi,

    Thanks for providing us with a good explanation for why you ranked the hakas in the order that you did. As you mentioned in your post, there are no right or wrong answers. It is completely up to you to decide and to share your thoughts. In this case, I can see that you were really inspired by the hakas that you felt displayed emotion. I often use that same criteria when I am judging something like a haka. I look to see how intensely involved they are, how passionate they appear to be and how much effort and intensity they are showing. My favourite hakas are also those that are full of energy, passion and intensity.

    Nice work, today, Naomi. Please don't ever feel that you have to apologise for expressing an honest opinion as long as you do is respectfully.

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete