Thursday 13 July 2017

WLJ day 6 activity 2




Activity 2:
After visiting Shag Point, you hop back in the van and drive all the way up the east coast of the south island until you reach the town of Picton. You get out of the van and onto the Interislander ferry. It travels back across the Cook Strait to Wellington. Wellington is the capital city of New Zealand and every winter the city hosts a huge Matariki festival to celebrate the Maori New Year. This year part of the festival is being held at Te Papa, a big museum in Wellington.

Read about the Matariki festival at Te Papa.  There are so many different things to see and do at the festival this year. On your blog, tell us about three of the events. You can choose any three events that you wish:
-------------------------------------
1st pick: The event I love is the matariki fireworks I think it wasn't on the reading but It was really cool in GI. the last few fireworks were so loud.
2nd pick: I have picked the weave jam because it will look really cool when you finish but also you can learn how to do it and maybe in your life you can teach other people and it can be like a domino effect where people teach and teach.
3rd pick: I think I would have to pick the story telling but I wish they could tell it in English. I think it would be cool because it would be relaxing and you get to learn more about the Maori Myths.
----------------------------------
Task description: This is day 6 and I think it is going pretty well I really love these activity's. Because I get to learn in the holidays. Thanks to Rachel for setting this up.
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/23/M45_filip.jpg/640px-M45_filip.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Hi Naomi ,
    I would Agree on your favourtive maratiki things you like to watch see and do and hear if i was there i will pick the same things as u i like your work because it has detail and infomation why u like .......

    Keep it up and Keep going
    Can't wait to see more of your WLJ Post's

    Your Friend
    Lillyana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Naomi,

    I am so happy to read that you love the activities in the Winter Learning Journey programme. Yay!

    I really love reading through all of your answers. You have taught me a lot about New Zealand and encouraged me to think about what I can do next year at Matariki to celebrate. I think that I will try to take Aronui to some of the special events around Auckland and/or down at Te Papa.

    Aronui was actually born during Matariki so it's a really special time for our family. We have the chance to honour and celebrate the beginning of the Maori new year and the beginning of the next year of Aronui's life - it's a 'win-win!'

    I hope that you and your family will have the chance to celebrate Matariki next year and see more amazing fireworks :)

    Cheers,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete