Thursday 13 July 2017

WLJ day 5 activity 1

sorry this is a late post I am still going to post day six today:
Activity 1: After a few hours in the car, you, your group and Curious Kiwi arrive at your first stop – The Lewis Pass Scenic Reserve. It is a beautiful, regional park located at the base of the Southern Alps. You and your group get out of the van and follow Curious Kiwi. He is going to lead you on a short walk through the park. As you start walking, you notice a really cool looking tree on the side of the trail and you stop to take a closer look. When you turn back, the group (and Curious Kiwi) is nowhere to be found. Eek! You are all alone in the middle of a strange forest.

For this activity write a short story (8-10 sentences) about what might happen next. Please be sure to include lots of details about what you might be feeling, seeing and doing after you realise that you are all alone in the forest:
My story:
Can anyone hear me?! "where did they go?" I ran all across the park looking all over for them. I start feeling scared. Why? Well it is a strange place and I did not know anyone there. I started to panic. "maybe there just hiding around the bush" I said shaking. I jumped around the bush and nothing but dog poo was there. I started to scream " Curios Kiwi" "where are you?". I may have made the other people annoyed by my screaming. I ran to look for the car and It disappeared. I felt alone and ignored. I looked everywhere then I heard laughter " what could that be?" I said. Curios Kiwi and they crew jumped out behind the tree surprise. "Got you" said Curios kiwi I was so happy I finally had people with me.
----------------------------
Task description: There is my little story about my scary alone time. Maybe in real life I will always stick with My family ( because I do not want to be alone By My self). Sorry again this is a late post.

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Naomi,

    I really like the way that you have included a task description at the end of each of your posts, along with a personal statement or anecdote. I always read them and enjoy them! Today, I have to admit that I completely agree with your statement about staying with your family so that you don't get lost! I can still remember my dad talking to me as a little girl about the importance of sticking with him when we went out in public so that I didn't get lost. I thought that he was just overreacting until I became a mom and I found myself giving Aronui exactly the same talk!

    I hope that you have had a really fun, safe and interesting holiday. It looks like you and your family had some pretty cool adventures up north. I'll look forward to hearing a bit more about them when I come into Pt England school next week to hand out the certificates and prizes for the Winter Learning Journey programme.

    See you soon!!

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete